Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Snowglobe card for Creative Challenge Club

I finally received my "Holiday Home" stamp set--- it was on back order. I was really looking forward to using it for a shaker card.  This stamp set is so versatile! It can be used for Halloween, Fall, Christmas, and Winter.


Here are the steps on how to create this card:
  1. I used the Holiday Home Stamp set and the Circle Framelits (use 2 different sizes.)
  2. Stamp one of the house images on a large Post-It sheet and fussy cut. Also, use a 3/4 circle punch to punch out the "moon." Use Soft Sky ink pad and sponge it to create a sky effect. After doing so, peel off the post-it (or masking paper).
  3. Stamp the house, Santa and reindeers, and street lamp images. Color with Stampin Write markers or Blendabilities.
  4. Use the larger of the two circle framelits. (I made a booboo here and used the smaller framelit. I was able to salvage it since I knew that I was going to use a frame.

5. Cut a window sheet using the larger framelit.
6. Die-cut a glitter sheet to make a frame by using both the larger and smaller framelit. 
7. Using liquid glue to adhere window sheet to frame.
8. Adhere foam tape around your circle stamped image.
9. Add your sequins.
10. Adhere your window sheet frame.
11. To make the base of the snow globe, use the modern label punch.

(Please see my previous posting for more pictures on how to make a shaker.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    Really nice card. Isn't this stamp set so much fun, it is one of my favorites. Thanks so much for playing along
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete